Mrs Ubechu Bridget Odochi
Geology Department, School of Physical Sciences.
Rank: Lecturer 1
- M.Sc. Hydrogeology 2011
- B.Tech. Geology 2000
Mrs Bridget Odochi Ubechu is a Geologist, author and co-author of a geoscience text and several journal publications in geology.
She was educated at Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State Nigeria. She started her career at Department of Geology and has grown to be a Lecturer 1. She teaches several courses in Geology and Environmental Geology.
She has been a member of the Boards of School of Physical Sciences, Departmental Board (Geology). She is also a member of the following professional bodies, namely, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists (NAH) and Third World Organization for Women in Science.
Groundwater Modeling, Water and Air Pollution studies.
- Okeke, O. C., Ezeoke, E.I., Onuoha, B.O. (2011). Geotechnical Evaluation of some Lateritic Soil Deposits in Parts of Anambra Basin, Southeastern Nigeria for Road Construction. International Journal of Environmental Science. Vol. 7, No 2
- Okereke, C.N., Onu, N.N., Akaolisa, C.Z.M., Ikoro, D.O., Ibeneme, S.J., Ubechu, B.O., Chinemelu, E.S., Amadikwa, L.O. (2012). Mapping of Gully Erosion Using Remote Sensing Technique: A Case Study of Okigwe area, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering, Research and Applications.Vol. 2, issue 3.pp 1955 – 1967.
- Ibe, K.K., Ibeneme, S.I., Selemo, A.O., Nwagbara J.O., Ikoro, D.O., Obioha, Y.E., Ubechu, B.O., Chinemelu, E.S., Onwuka, C.O. (2013). Geological and GeoelectricalCharaterization of the Ukomi Diorite Deposit Lokpaukwu, Umuchieze Area, Southeastern Nigeria: Implications for Establishing a Quarry Site. Scientific Research Journal(SCIRJ). Vol. 1, Issue IV, pp 1 – 11.
- K.K. Ibe, S.I. Ibeneme, Y.E. Obioha, I.O. Eze, I.I. Ibeneme, H.O. Israel, B.O. Ubechu, C.O. Nlemedim. (2013). Foundation Studies in a Rapidly Urbanizing Area: Case Study of Naze, Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research (IJAST).Vol. 6 Issue 3
- Ibeneme, S.I., Ukiwe, I.N., Selemo, A.O., Okereke, C.N., Nwagbara, J.O., Obioha, Y.E., Essien, A.G., Ubechu, B.O., Chinemelu, E.S., Ewelike, E.A., Okechi, R.N.(2013). Hydrogeochemical Study of Surface Water Resources of Orlu, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering. Vol. 5(12), pp 670 -675.
- Ibeneme, S.I., Ibe, K.K., Selemo, A.O., Nwagbara, J.O., Obioha, Y.E., Echendu, K.O., Ubechu, B.O., (2013). Geoelectric Investigation of a Proposed Damsite in a Sedimentary Terrain: Case Study of Aba River at Amapu – Ideobia, AkanuNgwa, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Geosciences. Vol. 4, pp 1376 – 1381.
- Ibeneme, S.I., Ibe, K.K., Selemo, A.O., Nwagbara, J.O., Eze, I.O., Ubechu, B.O., Ibeneme, I.I., Nwankwo, E.J., Oparaocha, J.O. (2013). Geoelectrical and Geotechnical Data as Veritable tools for Feasibility Study of the Proposed Imo River Dam Site at Owerrinta, Southeastern Nigeria. Asian Journal of Science and Technology (AJST). Vol. 4, Issue 12, pp 037 – 0445.
- Ibeneme, S.I., Ibe, K.K., Selemo, A.O., Udensi, S.C., Nwagbara, J.O., Eze, I.O., Ubechu, B.O., Onwuka, C.O. (2013). Geoelectrical Assessment of a proposed Damsite around Ehuhe area of Oji River, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Natural Sciences Research(JNSR). Vol. 3, No 13.
- Ikoro, D.O., Amajor, I.C., Iwuagwu, C.J., Ubechu, B.O., Israel, H.O., Onyekuru, S.O., Ekeocha, N.O. (2014). Pepple Morphometric analysis as an aid to Environmental Determination, A case study of Ajali Sandstone in Nkpologu Southeastern Nigeria.International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development. Issue 4, Vol.3. pp 812 – 828.
- Inyang, G.E., Opara, A.I., Ubechu, B.O., Nwachukwu, H.G., Eluwa, N., Amadi, C.C., Emberga, T.T., and Eke, D.R. (2017). Geophysical Appraisal of the Aquifer Geomaterials of Ugep and Environs, Southeastern Nigeria Using Resistivity Data. Journal of Geography Environment and Earth Science International. 9(2) pp 1-24.
- Ubechu, B.O., Okeke, O.C. Landslide: Causes, Effects and Control. (2017). International Journal of Current Multidisciplinary Studies. Vol 3 Issue 3, pp 647-663.