Prof. Chikwendu Emenike Orji
Prof. Chikwendu Emenike Orji
Dean, Student Affairs Unit
Professor in the Department of Physics
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS – 1985-89 B.Sc PHYSICS – 1989
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS – 1990-1992 M.Sc PHYSICS – 1992
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN – 1999-2003 M.phil. (radiation/biomedical Physics) – 2003
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN – 2004-2007 Ph.D. radiation/biomedical Physics – 2007
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member Nigerian Institute of Physics
- Member Nigeria Physics writers series
- Member Renewable Energy Society of Nigeria
Current Research Interest
- Application of Electromagnetic radiation in Medicine and Biology.
- Interaction of electric field with biological materials by measuring changes in their electrical permittivity and conductivity with frequency.
- Environmental Radiation Study.
- Using Natural phenomenon (rain) to measure the pollution level in the environment.
List of Publications
- Kelechukwu B Okeoma, Ihebrodike M Mejeha, Sydney C Akajiaku, Francis C Eze, C. E. Orji. Investigative studies on the inhibitive effects of Newbouldialaevis extracts and magnetic fields on copper corrosion in aqueous acidic media. International Journal of Engineering and Science. Vol. 6(2): 05 – 14, 2016.
- C I Iheme, R N Nwaoguikpe, C S Alisi, L A Nwaogu, C. O. Ujowundu, D I Ukairo and C E Orji. Effects of electromagnetic radiations (EMR) on some soil physicochemical parameters, catalase and dehydrogenase activities. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT). Vol. 10(1): 25 – 34, 2016.
- B. C. Eke, N. N. Jibiri, B. C. Anusionwu, C. E. Orji and H. U. Emelue. Baseline measurements of natural radioactivity in soil samples from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, South-East, Nigeria. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology. Vol. 5(2): 142 – 149, 2015.
- B. C. Eke, N. N. Jibiri, B. C. Anusionwu, C. E. Orji and E. C. Mbamala. Effects of the ingestion of microwaved food items on some Haematological parameters in Albino Wistar Rats. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology. Vol. 5(1): 93 – 103, 2015.
- Chijioke M. Amakom, Nnamdi N. Jibiri and Chikwendu E. Orji. Gross alpha and beta activity concentrations in cassava tubers (Manihot esculenta) from an old coal mining area in Enugu, South Eastern Nigeria. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology. Vol. 9(2): 200 – 205, 2015.
- Oluwasogu A. Ogungbenro, Chidi E. Akujor and Chikwendu E. Orji. Spectral Index Asymmetry in Compact Steep Spectrum sources. Nigerian Journal of Space Research. Vol. 13, 2015.
- Chikwendu E. Orji, Chidi E. Akujor and Bede C. Anusionwu. Review of major energy sources in Nigeria and their contribution to climate change: the need for renewable energy. Renewable Energy for Infrastructural Development – Conference proceedings of IMSU Renewable Energy. 2014.
- 8. E. Orji, “Effects of gamma irradiation on some electrical properties of Ethylbenzene, Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS). Vol. 4(1): 30 – 34, 2013”.
- C. E. Orji, “Effects of gamma radiolysis on some electrical properties of M-Xylene. Research Journal in Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol. 2(2): 80 – 85, 2013”.
- C. E. Orji, M. C. Ndinechi, K. B. Okeoma and B. C. Anusionwu. “The Nigeria Solar Energy Challenge”. Advances in Science and Technology. Vol. 5 (18), 79 – 82, 2011.
- M. C. Ndinechi and C. E. Orji. Kinetics of biopgas “Potential from animal and domestic waste”. Advances in Science and Technology. Vol. 5 (18), 31 – 34, 2011.
- B. C. Eke, C. E. Orji and R. I. Obed. “Entrace skin dose on patients undergoing X-ray examination at Yaba, Lagos State Nigeria”. International Journal of Natural and Applied Science. Vol. 7(3); 273 – 280, 2011.
- C. E. Orji, C. J. Odii, B. C. Eke and U. S. Mbamara. Effects of ionizing radiation on papayas (Carica papaya) fruit. International Journal of Natural and Applied Science. Vol. 7(13); 29 – 31, 2011.
- C. E. Orji, N. O. Ajayi and A. A. Laogun. Effects of gamma radiolysis on the D. C. electrical properties of benzene. Nigerian Journal of Physics 21 (1), 95 – 102, 2009.
- U. S. Mbamara, C. A. Madu, C. E. Orji and J. C. Osuwa. Correlation between the viscosity and quality of palm wine and palm oil. Nigerian Journal of Physics 21 (1), 103 – 108, 2009.
- C. E. Orji. Effects of gamma irradiation on some electrical properties of automotive gas oil. Nigerian Journal of Physics 20 (2), 347 – 351, 2008.
- C. E. Orji. Effects of radiolysis on the low-frequency dielectric dispersion of automotive gas oil. Nigerian Journal of Physics 20 (2), 341 – 348, 2008.
- B. C. Anusionwu, C. A. Madu and C. E. Orji. Theoretical studies of mutual diffusivities and surface properties in Cd-Ga liquid alloys. Pramana Journal of Physics. 72(6) 951 – 967, 2009.
- C. E. Orji. Effects of gamma rays on some electrical properties of crude oil. International Journals of Natural and Applied Science. 3(2), 230 – 234, 2007.
- Ajayi, N. O., C. E. Orji and Laogun, A. A. “Effect of gamma rays on the low-frequency dielectric dispersion of crude oil”. Nigerian Journal of Physics 17: 99 – 101. 2005.
- C. E. Orji and Anusionwu, B. C. Estimation of mean wind energy available in South-East Nigeria. International Journals of Science and Technology. 2(1) 262 – 268. 2003.
- C. E. Orji. Mathematical modelling of determination of the absorption coefficient of a given gas by coherent optical heterodyne technique. Nigerian Journal of Physics and Mathematical Sciences. 1: 40 – 43, 2001.
- C. E. Orji. Advances in the application of optical heterodyne technique. Inter-world Journal of Science and Technology. Vol. 1(2) 116 – 119, 2001.
- Anusionwu, B. C., Ogundare, F. O. and C. E. Orji. Thermodynamic investigation of persistent complexes in Si-p melts. Indian Journal of Physics 77A (3): 275 – 279. 2003.
- Anusionwu, B. C., Ogundare, F. O. and C. E. Orji. A theoretical study of compound formation in liquid Cu-Hf alloys at high temperature”. Journal of Physics Society of Japan. Vol. 72. (1): 117 – 121, 2003.
- Anusionwu, B. C., Adebayo, G. A. and C. E. Orji. Influence of strong hetercoordination on surface properties of Li-Pb metals. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Liquids. Vol. 43 (b), 495 – 506. 2004.
- C. E. Orji. Effect of gamma-ray on the dielectric polarization of crude oil. (M.Phil Thesis). 2003.