Principal Assistant Registrar(PAR), Ag. Coordinator - IPRU
B.A., M.A. (Mass Communication/Broadcasting)
Mrs Uche, Bright–Nwelue, a Principal Assistant Registrar (PAR) heads and Coordinates the Information and Public Relations Unit (IPRU), at Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Before her appointment as acting coordinator of the IPRU, as Assistant Registrar, she served as the Departmental Administrative Officer (DAO) for the Department of Statistics. She also served as the first Desk Officer, Freedom of Information FUTO 2016 with the primary function of sensitizing the University Community and the larger public on the Freedom of Information Act.
Prior to joining FUTO, Uche had garnered 13 years working experience in Banking and Journalism at the defunct Progress Bank of Nigeria where she held the position of a Supervisor and at the Imo Broadcasting Corporation, Owerri (now Orient Television) as an Editor (TV/Radio). She also represented the Television Medium at the Abia State Government House and the State for eleven years as a State Correspondent.
She holds a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and a Master of Arts degree in Mass Communication with a specialty in Broadcasting from the Abia State University, Uturu. She is a distinguished member of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ), and also a member of the Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA).
- Bachelors degree in Mass Communication
- Master of Arts degree in Mass Communication with a speciality in Broadcasting
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ)
- Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
- Acting Coordinator, Information and Public Relations Unit (IPRU)
- State Correspondent, Television Medium, Abia State Government House and the State
- Journalism – Editor (TV/Radio), Imo Broadcasting Corporation, Owerri (now Orient Television)
- Banking – Supervisor, at the defunct Progress Bank of Nigeria