Vacancy for the Post of Registrar
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence and is poised to becoming one of the best Universities of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high-level manpower, engaged in cutting-edge research and community service for the achievement of national development goals and global relevance.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible. The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The candidates for the position must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at October 17, 2021, when the post is due to be occupied. The appointment is for a period of five (5) years subject to further extension by one 1(one) year on a good performance.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates must possess a good honours degree from a recognized University and must have had at least fifteen (15) years experience in University administration, three (3) years of which must be as a Deputy Registrar, at the time of application. Possession of a higher degree will be an advantage. Membership of recognized professional bodies is mandatory.
Specifically, the Candidate is expected to:
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate a crop of young administrative officers to be able to get the best out of them.
- Be a person of high integrity, who promotes merit
- Be a person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health
- Be focused and innovative and
- Be computer literate/proficient
Conditions of Service
These are the same as in the Federal Public Service and as applicable to Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements as stated above should apply/comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be made in twenty-five (25) copies of Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- Each Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees Each applicant should request each referee to forward to the Registrar a confidential report on the candidate.
- All applications/Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents should be submitted (In-person or via recognized courier service) under confidential cover and addressed to;
The Registrar/Secretary to Council
Federal University of Technology,
Owerri, Imo State
To reach him not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
John U. Nnabuihe