Yahaya Ahmadu was born to the family of Alhaji Ahmadu Yusuf Danchirani in Lafia, Nasarawa State. I started Islamic education at tender age and was later enrolled at Unguwar Wajen Lalle L.E.A Primary school Lafia and later proceeded to Government College Lafia in 1998 and graduated from Government College Doma in 2004. College Agriculture Lafia, Nasarawa State University Keffi and University of Agriculture Makurdi. I traversed the length and breath of Nigeria from North to South for businesses, visitations, workshops, Seminars and conferences. I had the opportunity of visiting all the neighboring countries of Nigeria and beyond. I easily blend with what ever the type of people I found myself in. I speak and write in Hausa, English and Arabic language fluently and perfectly and French lightly. I am blessed with a child named Abdulrahman.
BSc. Animal Science, Nasarawa State University Keffi (2014)
M.Sc. Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Agriculture Makurdi (2020)
- Member Genetic Society of Nigeria
- Member National Association of Livestock Husbandry Scientists and Technologists of Nigeria( NALHSATON)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- AGR 207(Agricultural Biotechnology
- AGR 303(Agricultural Genetics)
- AST 515(Quantitative and Hereditary Genetics in Animal Breeding)
- AST 510(Applied Animal Breeding)
Assistant Lecturer with the Department of Animal Science and Technology, School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri 2020 to date
Animal Breeding and Genetics with Special interest in the conservation of endangered livestock breeds.
- Ukwu,C.P., Yahaya, A., Okere, P.C., Aladi, N.O., Odoemenam, V.U., Obikaonu, H.O., Uchegbu, M.C. and Okoli, I.C. (2022). The production, uses, nutritional and anti-nutritional characteristics of cocoyam as a potential feed ingredient in the tropics: A review: Nigerian Journal of Animal Science, 24(3):91-111.
- Adamu, J., Adamu, A.A., Yahaya, A., Raji, A.O., Abbaya, H.Y. and Ogu, I. E. (2022). Phenotypic correlation of body weight and morphometric measurements of two breeds of rabbit. Journal of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, 7(1): 1-5
- Musa S.I., Yahaya, K.O. and Yahaya, A. (2022). Computational analysis of functional effects of single nucleotide polymorphism on ovine interferon tau. FUDMA Journal of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology, 8(1): 26-29.
- Adamu, J., Yahaya, A., Joseph,J.N., Adamu, A.A., Ogu, I. E. and Raji, A.O.(2021). Effects of sex snd genotype on morphometric traits of rabbit. FUDMA Journal of Sciences, 5(3): 381-384 DOI: https://doi.org/10.33003/fjs-2021-0503-765
- Gambo, D., Ismail,B., Mundi, I., Abdullahi, J. and Yahaya, A. (2020). Effect of birth weight and growth performance of non descript rabbits reared in Lafia, Nasarawa State. Nigerian Journal of Animal Science and Technology, 3(1): 17-24
- Gwaza, D.S., Yahaya, A., Ahemen T. (2018). Variation and distribution of qualitative traits of the Savannah Muturu on free range in the Benue trough of Nigeria. Journal of research and reports on genetics, 2(1): 33-43
- Gwaza, D.S., Yahaya, A., Chia, S.S. (2018). Assessment of herd size and structure of the Savannah Muturu on free range in relation to genetic improvement in the Benue trough of Nigeria. Journal of research and reports on genetics, 2(1): 26-32.
- Gwaza, D.S., Yahaya, A., Ageba, M. (2018). Population trends, distribution, status and strategies for genetic improvement and conservation of the Savannah muturu on free range in the Benue trough of Nigeria. Journal of research and reports on genetics, 2(1): 19-25.
- Yakubu, A., Yahaya, A., Omeje, J.N. (2014). Heat tolerance traits and tick infestation in some indigenous breeds of cattle in Nigeria. Slovak Journal of Animal Science, 48, (2):79-85
- D, Ladan, A. S., Yahaya, A., Mundi, I. and Mohammed, A. A. (2017).Phenotypic relationship between body weight and linear body measurements of Yankasa Sheep in Southern Nasarawa State, Nigeria. Proceeding of 41st conference of Genetic Society of Nigeria, held at Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State Nigeria. Pp 375-379.
Research Gate Profile URL:
Google Scholar Page URL: