Engr. Dr Charles N. Ononuju
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI, PhD PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECH. (2016)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI, M.Sc. PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECH. (1998)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI, B.ENG. (HONS) CIVIL ENGINEERING (1990)
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO-EKITI, HND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (1985)
- INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY ENUGU, OND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (1982)
- COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL AWO IDEMILI, WASC (1979)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS [NSE], CORPORATE MEMBER REG. NO. 11086 
- NIGERIAN INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERS [NICE], CORPORATE MEMBER REG. NO. C.00324 
- COUNCIL FOR THE REGULATION OF ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA [COREN]
- FULLY REGISTERED AS A CIVIL ENGINEER REG. NO. R.11467 
Courses Assigned to Teach
- PRT 513 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND LAW
- PRT 413 MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
- PRT 506 COST ESTIMATION AND TENDERING
- PRT 863 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND LAW
- PMT 705 ENGINEERING DESIGN ANALYSIS I
- MGT 819 BUSINESS POLICY AND LAW
- STE 803 CONCRETE MATERIALS PROPERTIES AND PRACTICE
- PRT 858 FOUNDATION DESIGN
- PMT 714 ENGINEERING DESIGN ANALYSIS II
- Sept. 1990-Aug. 2001: Worked as QA/QC Engineer in various SPDC projects in Rivers and the Bayelsa States.
- 2001-Sept. 2016: Lecturer in Construction Project Management, Dept. of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Oct. 2016-Date: Senior Lecturer in Construction Project Management, Dept. of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Teaching the following courses at Post Graduate and Undergraduate levels: Engineering Design Analysis, Foundation Design, Concrete Materials and Practice, Construction Economics, Project Planning and Control, Project Design and Environmental Impact Assessment, Construction Technology, Contract Administration and Law, Cost Estimation.
- Acting Managing Director, FUTO WATER LIMITED (Jan. 2, 2013 – Jan. 1, 2015)
- Chairman, SMAT Deanship Electoral Committee, 2017
- SIWES Coordinator, Project Mgt. Tech. Dept. (2016/2017 – Date)
- Chairman, Investigation Panel into the fire incident in Associate Dean’s office, SMAT (2018)
- Member University Senate – Elected by the Congregation (March 2019- Date)
- Chairman, PTA, Alvan Ikoku Fed. College of Education Nursery School (2010-2015)
- Chairman, PTA, Alvan Ikoku Fed. College of Education Staff Primary School (2014-2016)
- Structural Design and Construction Supervision of St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Ubaheze Awo Idemili, Orsu L.G.A Imo State (2005).
- Structural Design and Construction of 12-Classroom Storey Complex for the PTA, Owerri Girls Sec. School, Imo State. (2007-2008).
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Activities
- Member, Study Team, Environmental Impact Assessment of Amoffia Quarry Industry (February 2003).
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Bomadi-Ayamasi-Torubeni-
Amasoma Road by NDDC (25th – 26th June 2006).
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Sapele 450 MW Power Plant by NIPP (19th – 20th July 2007).
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Multimalt Facility Expansion Project, Lagos (6th – 7th May 2009).
- Team Leader, Study and Design of Earth Dam, Feasibility Study/Environmental Impact Assessment at Ubu River by Nnewi South and Ekwusigo (September 2013).
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Agenebode Jetty Construction Project at Etsako East LGA, Edo State by National Inland Waterways Authority (8th – 9th December 2014).
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed New Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Production Facility Barbara Project, At Ogba Brewery, Lagos State By Guinness Nigeria Plc. (October 2017)
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed HIS Nigeria Plc Base Stations in South-South Zone (Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers) states By HIS Nigeria Plc. (4th-9th September 2016)
- Member, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Free Zone (FZ) Development Project at Benin-Sagamu Expressway, Sagamu LGA, Ogun State. (23rd – 26th July 2018).
- Chairman, Technical Review Panel, Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Infrastructural Development Projects In Bayelsa and Rivers States By Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs (MNDA). (15th-18th April 2018).
- Building Construction Project Management
- Akpan, E.O.P., Ogbonna, A.C., & Ononuju, C.N. (2007). Projects Success: Matters Arising. Advances in Science and Technology Vol.1, No.1.
- Ukwuoma, F.P.O. & Ononuju, C.N. (2007). On the Application of Optimal Control Theory to Research and Development Projects Management. JIBER, Vo.l 12, NO.1 Jan.-Jun. 2007.
- Ukwuoma, F.P.O. & Ononuju, C.N. (2007). Can a Project Audit Rescue a Runaway Project? JIBER, Vo.l 12, NO.1 Jan-Jun 2007.
- Ubani, E.C. & Ononuju, C.N.(2013). A Study of Failure and Abandonment of Public Sector-driven Civil Engineering Projects in Nigeria: An Empirical Review. AJSIR, Science Hub, Vol.4 Issue 1, Htt://www.org/AJSIR. ISSN:2153-649X, DOI:10525ajsir Feb. 2013.
- Ubani, E.C., Echeme, I.I. & Ononuju, C.N.(2015). Products Research and Development for Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria. Scientific Journal Publications, Reports and Opinion. 7(5): 40-46. (ISSN:1553-9873) Marshland Press. Website: www.sciencehub.net/report.7
- Akpan, E .O. P., Amade, B. and Ononuju, C. N. (2014). Application of Linear Programming to Production Systems: A Critique. International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research, Vol 3, Issue 10.
- Ononuju, C.N., Moneke, U.U. & Okamgba, S.E. (2016). Critical Factors and Decision Variables affecting Quality Assurance and Reliability Management in Road Construction Projects in Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 4, Issue 6.
- Okpighe, S.O & Ononuju, C.N. (2016). Profit Taking in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Projects. International Journal for Business and Management, Vol 2, Issue 5, May 2016 Paper 2.
- Okpighe, S.O & Ononuju, C.N. (2016).The Effect of Visual Inspection of Air Receivers on the Integrity Management of Tug Boats. International Journal For Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 4, April 2016, Paper 1.
- Muoneke, U.U., Ononuju, C.N. & Nwachukwu, C.C. Evaluation of Factors Affecting Maintenance Work Schedule in the Oil and Gas Industry. Journal of Real Estate Economics, Vol. 1, No. 7, March 2016, Pg 1-39.
- Amade, B., Akpan, E.O.P., Ukwuoma, F.P.O., Ononuju, C.N. and Okore, O.L. (2018) “A Supply Chain Management (SCM) Framework for Construction Project Delivery in Nigeria: An Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) Approach”. PM World Journal Volume 7, Issue 4 pg 1-26. www.pmworldjournal.net
- Ogbonna, A.C, Amade, B., Ononuju, C.N., Nwakanma, I.C., Okwara, I.D. and Erifesi, C.J. (2018) “Application of Project Management Control Mechanisms in Construction Projects: A Case of PortHarcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria” European Project Management Journal Volume 8, Issue 1, 2018 pg 40-54. ISSN:2560-4961, DOI: 10.18485/epmj.2018.8.1.6
- Ononuju, C. N., Amade, B., Amaeshi, U. F., Adu, E. T. & Iringe-koko, P. K. (2019). The extent of the application of lessons learned in construction projects: The Nigerian Experience. International Academic Journal of Information Sciences and Project Management, Vol 3, Issue 3, pg 45-58
- Amade, B., Ononuju, C.N., Obodoh, D., and Okorie, C.E. (2019). Barriers to Lean Adoption for Construction Projects. The Pacific Journal of Science & Technology, Volume 20, Number 1 pg 153-166. http://www.akamaiuniversity.
Conferences and Learned Societies Activities
- Ukwuoma, F.P.O. & Ononuju, C.N. (2005). Incorporation of Environmental Reviews into Facility Design – A new Challenge in the Petroleum Industry. Proceedings of 29th Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual International Conference and Exhibition, Abuja.
- E.O.P. Akpan, I.V. Ihim, A.C. Ogbonna & C.N. Ononuju (2008). Integrated Cost and Time Management System for Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control. Presented at 1st International Conference on Construction in Developing Countries (ICCIDC) Aug 4-5, 2008 at Karachi, Pakistan.
- Amade, B., Ononuju, C.N., Adu, E.T. and Ogbu, J.M. (2019) “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Application on Construction Supply Chain Management: Evidence from Nigeria” In Laryea, S. and Essah, E. (Eds) Proc 10th West African Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference, 5-7 August 2019, Accra, Ghana, 705-721. DOI:https://doi.org/10.33796/
- Amade, B., Ononuju, C.N., Ogbu, J.M., Obodoh, D. and Umunnakwe, C.R. (2019) “Critical Success Factors for Electronic Procurement Deployment for Construction Projects: A Structural Equation Modelling Approach” In Nnadi, E., Ajayi, O. and Agu, N. (Eds) (ReCon 4) 4th Research Conference of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, 10-12 September 2019, Enugu, Nigeria.